Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Technology Overload

I'm overloaded with information and electronic technology.  My brain has ceased bubbling up with creativity. I've decided that I'm done sacrificing myself for false immediacy.  I'm needing a direct old fashioned touch from God.  Information is only information after all.  Our epistemology will take us no further than our metaphysics.  
I will start small, almost like an exercise program.  I will start taking my e-mails in limited fashion, like a glass of wine before bedtime, and controlling my access to Facebook to once a day.  
I love these thoughts by T.S. Eliot in "The Rock"  
"Where is the life we have lost in living?
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

The clearest way to see through a culture is to see how it speaks to itself.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment